The recipe for this salad was found in the 2004 cookbook, Raw Food for Busy People. Preparation time does not include the 3 hours needed for the salad to marinate!
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped (or green beans)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mandarin orange segments
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 dash salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash pepper (or to taste)
- In a covered bowl, toss all ingredients & allow to marinate EITHER for 3 hours at room temperature, stirring often.
- Divide into 2 serving bowls & ENJOY!