Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ever get tired of that same old green bean bake everyone eats at family dinners? I saw this and just had to give it a try.
- 10 ounces frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 2 (10 ounce) packages onions in cream sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 8 ounces French-fried onions, crumbled
- Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare creamed onions according to package directions. In saucepan, place 1 1/2 cups water, 2 tablespoons butter and the 2 packages frozen onions. Cover and bring to boil over medium-high heat. reduce heat and simmer, covered, 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir until sauce thickens. Add cauliflower, shredded cheese, almonds and parsley into creamed onions. Turn into 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in 350° oven for 35 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Top with French-fried onions. Bake 5 minutes more. Garnish with a few additional French-fried onions at serving time.
I really liked this, but did have to make a few changes, as I couldn't find the pkgs. of onions in cream sauce, so i used the frozen pearl onions and made my own sauce. I also left out the almonds (personal preference). I loved the french fried onions on top. I reheated the leftovers and added crab and shrimp to it. That was also very good. Thanks for this recipe:)