Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad, for olive lovers, is perfect for an antipasto offering. It has a zesty flavor and offers the bright colors of the Italian flag (red, green, white). If desired, add chunks of Italian Salami that taste wonderful after marinating in the lemony vinaigrette.
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive, sliced, drained
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, small size
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup banana pepper ring, from a jar, mild
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- Combine dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Cut and drain all vegetables. Place in a large bowl and add dressing; toss to coat.
Wow, oh, wow! Beyond delicious....just the right touch with a meat & potatoes dinner. Light and tangy but not sour-tangy! Really piqued my appetite and the smell is tantalizing! The dressing proportions are perfect...so it's not all soupy in the bottom of the bowl. We added a bit more than 1 teaspoon of herbs, probably one teaspoon EACH of basil, oregano, parsley and garlic powder!!! Jazzy! And talk about EASY! Yes ma'am, this is a new KEEPER in my files. Thanks 'Diva for a great one!
Olive lover here! Other than subbing kalamatas for the ripe olives & using fresh herbs, I followed your recipe to a T. I made it for an upcoming potluck but have sampled more than my fair share already - *super* flavors! Thanks for sharing your recipe.