This salad, for olive lovers, is perfect for an antipasto offering. It has a zesty flavor and offers the bright colors of the Italian flag (red, green, white). If desired, add chunks of Italian Salami that taste wonderful after marinating in the lemony vinaigrette.
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive, sliced, drained
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, small size
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup banana pepper ring, from a jar, mild
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs
- Combine dressing ingredients; set aside.
- Cut and drain all vegetables. Place in a large bowl and add dressing; toss to coat.