Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received this recipe from Philocrates. I'm posting it here so I can save it in one of my cookbooks. Thanks Philocrates.
- 1 lb noodles (pasta)
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup of chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Boil one pound of noodles (pasta) according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Chop two heads of cauliflower into florets.
- Boil the cauliflower for ten minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together two eggs, one pound of cottage cheese, 8 ounces of shredded cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup of chopped scallions, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Combine the noodles, cauliflower, and egg mix.
- Grease a large flat glass baking dish, pour the mix into it.
- Stir together 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread over the casserole.
- Bake the casserole at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
I have made this twice. I used whole wheat noodles both times as well as fat free cottage cheese and 2% sharp cheddar cheese. I nearly doubled the cheddar cheese the second time because we like it a bit cheesier. This fills a 9 x 13 pan to the brim and allows for plenty of leftovers! Thanks for a great recipe!
This is great! The recipe was very easy to cut in half, and it still made enough to fill a 13 x 9 baking pan. I only needed to bake it for 30 minutes. I used fat free cottage cheese and was very happy with the results. It's a great meatless main dish or side dish. Thanx QUC and Philocrates, for a great new recipe!
This is a wonderful recipe. Easy to put together and so yummy. My husband says this is his new favorite casserole. I'll be making this often. Thank You!