Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I actually fooled my husband with these, he really thought they were mashed potatoes and loved them, even after I told him!
- Combine cauliflower, garlic and broth in a large saucepan. If the broth does not cover the cauliflower add water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and garlic, reserving 2 tablespoons broth.
- Hand mash, or if you'd rather transfer to a food processor and process 'til smooth, adding broth if necessary to moisten mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper; add chives and parsley and stir.
- Serve hot.
these were really good. I can taste the cauliflower, but not enough to make me go back to mashed potatoes. I will be making these again real soon. thanks.
I can't even get over this...how delicious, nutritious, and EASY was this?? Nobody had a clue it was cauliflower until I told them, and at that point they were too busy shoveling it in to care. It sort of defeats the purpose of a low-cal dish to lick the pan clean, doesn't it LOL?? I have to admit I had butter at the ready to mix in to get that mashed potato-y taste, but I never had to use it. Great, great stuff. Made for Best of 2012 Tag, and it will be going into my cookbook for 2013.
Made for a nice dish to dinner. very enjoyable, though DS didn't particularrly care for it. I used chicken broth, and chives for the options. I enjoyed these personally, as it was a nice twist to mashed potatoes. made for Best 2012 Tag.