Recipe by OzzyandHarriet
Made this with three different recipe variations and served it to company last night and they just loved it. Hope you like it. You can use frozen cauliflower but I like fresh best. If you prefer smooth "potatoes", you can put it in a blender or food processor for a whipped texture.
- 2 heads cauliflower (cooked soft)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 scallions (chopped white and green parts)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2 -6 teaspoons heavy cream (to desired consistancy)
- 2 cups cheese (I use shredded sharp white cheddar)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 6 slices bacon (crumbled)
- 2 scallions (chopped green only)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (on top optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower in water until soft, drain.
- In same pot while still hot melt cream cheese and add cauliflower and mash together.
- Add next 9 ingredients.
- Serve with or without toppings.
- If you'd like to make ahead and reheat you can place in baking dish and bake at 350 for aprox 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with crumbled bacon and scallions.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on top if you'd like.
- Serve and enjoy!