Recipe by Abby Girl
I am always looking for new and interesting recipes. This one certainly fit the bill...plus it's Weight Watcher friendly at 3 points. Bonus!!! I make this up ahead of time and gently reheat before serving.
Top Review by Scoutie
We really enjoyed this! I halved the sugar, tho. I also used my hand-held immersion blender to puree, so it had some nice texture to it. I may try the idea of adding some blue cheese as another reviewer did next time. Thanks for posting, Abby.
- 1 head garlic, skin on
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sweet onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock (or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 425.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil. Bake for 25 minutes or just until tender. Cool then squeeze out the garlic. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat and cook the onions for 5 minutes. Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar and cinnamon. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the onions are golden, about 10 minutes.
- Steam or broil the cauliflower just until tender about 5 - 7 minutes. Drain and place in a food processor with the stock, olive oil, salt and pepper. Puree until smooth. Stir in the onions and garlic until combined.
- Garnish with parsley.