Recipe by StolenFromFamily
Just as filling as mashed potatoes but much healthier for you... its also a really great alternative if you're tired of having mashed potatoes all the time. I got this off a friend on a Tony Ferguson diet and changed it around a bit till it tasted better.
- 1 1⁄4 kg cauliflower (large size should be close)
- 6 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- ground pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Break the cauliflower into florets and rinse. Chop up florets if they are very large so they cook more evenly.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil (you can add salt if you wish) and then add in the cauliflower. Turn heat down till it is at a rapid simmer and cook 15-20 minutes or till the cauliflower is very soft.
- Drain florets from water and mash in a bowl, adding salt, pepper, cream cheese and skim milk.