Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The unpretentious cauliflower becomes decadently creamy and comforting when prepared like mashed potatoes and enriched with mild fresh cheese.
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 ounces fromage frais
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the cauliflower, discarding the leaves. Cut the vegetable into chunks and place in a saucepan with the bay leaf and a little salt. Add enough water to cover generously, then bring to the boil. Half-cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes of until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Drain thoroughly and discard the bay leaf. Clean out the saucepan and return the cauliflower to it. Mash the vegetable with a fork to break it up well, then purée it thoroughly using a hand blender.
- Place the pan over a low heat and beat in the fromage frais. Season to taste generously with salt and pepper and serve the cauliflower mash hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.