Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a real treat for anyone watching calories - Guilt free nibbles. This recipe was from the first Lazy Gourmet cookbook called Mamma Never Cooked Like This
- 1 cauliflower, cut up into florets and steamed for 3 minutes only,rinsed in cold water to stop cooking process
- 2⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 peppercorns
- Mix all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Pour over the lightly steamed cauliflower Refrigerate until cold or keep in fridge for 2-3 days.
Interesting flavor, like a pickled cauliflower but with crunch! I would have liked my cauliflower softer and will steam it a little longer next time. Served this as a side to some grilled chicken - great match - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Great idea for a healthy munchie. I added just a small amount of olive oil to the marinade and used just 2 cloves garlic - plenty for my taste. Thanks for another good recipe, Bergy!