Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Spicy Cauliflower - Recipe from Sanjeev Kapoor
- 500 g cauliflower (large florets)
- 8 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 -4 green chilies (minced)
- 2 bunches green onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons deep frying oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Wash and drain cauliflower florets.
- Make a batter of six tablespoons of cornstarch, green chillies and spring onions adding salt to taste.
- Dissolve the remaining two tablespoons of cornstarch in quarter cup of water and keep aside for sauce.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai.
- Dip each cauliflower floret in the prepared batter and deep fry till golden brown. Remove and drain onto an absorbent paper.
- To make the sauce, heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan and gently fry the garlic paste and the ginger paste.
- Add the chopped capsicum and onion.
- Stir in the soya sauce and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for two minutes.
- Add the vinegar, MSG, sugar and adjust salt to taste.
- Stir in the dissolved cornstarch and cook stirring continuously till the mixture thickens and starts bubbling.
- Add the fried cauliflower florets.
- Mix well to coat and cook for two minutes more.