Leslie in Texas's Note:
This low-fat dish is a terrific substitute for mashed potatoes. Very low-carb diet friendly and tasty too! Originally from a March 2007 issue of Southern Living.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove root, tough outer leaves,and tops from leek, leaving 1 inch of dark leaves; cut into quarters lengthwise.
- 2Thinly slice leek; rinse well and drain.
- 3Cook leek and cauliflower florets in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 10 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- 4Return vegetables to saucepan, and toss in pan over high heat to remove any excess moisture; remove from heat.
- 5Process vegetables with yogurt, in two batches, in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- 6Stir in chopped parsley, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Transfer puree to serving bowl and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower-Leek Puree
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.6 mg
- Sodium 39.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.7 g