Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This low-fat dish is a terrific substitute for mashed potatoes. Very low-carb diet friendly and tasty too! Originally from a March 2007 issue of Southern Living.
- Remove root, tough outer leaves,and tops from leek, leaving 1 inch of dark leaves; cut into quarters lengthwise.
- Thinly slice leek; rinse well and drain.
- Cook leek and cauliflower florets in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 10 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- Return vegetables to saucepan, and toss in pan over high heat to remove any excess moisture; remove from heat.
- Process vegetables with yogurt, in two batches, in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Stir in chopped parsley, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer puree to serving bowl and serve immediately.