Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a Weight Watchers book. Haven't made it yet, but hope to try soon.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup sliced leek
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450. Pour the oil in a shallow 2- quart baking dish; heat oil for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower to the dish, toss to coat with oil. Cover dish with foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven; stir in other ingredients.
- Bake, covered, until the cauliflower is tender (5 - 7 minutes).
This was really yummy, our leeks were very flavourful. Added rosemary, oregano, sage and fennel seeds and a little dijon mustard to season it and I think that really complimented the veggies. We also added some pre cooked parsnips and used the chicken stock we cooked the parsnips in instead of the water. A lovely dish.
I liked it. Used chicken broth rather than water to add flavor. Cooked somewhat longer, some covered and some uncovered. Prefer regular roasted cauliflower, but this would be a nice presentation for company.
We liked this dish but I would add a few spices next time as suggested by Slick18. I used a bit of bouillon powder in the water to add some flavour too. I baked it at 400F since I already had a pork roast in the oven. Turned out very good and I will make this again.