Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Rich creamy dolcelatte creates a wonderfully savoury sauce for this comforting dish.
- 450 g cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350 g leeks, thickly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 15 g butter
- 15 g plain flour
- 150 ml skim milk
- 150 ml fromage frais
- 100 g vegetarian cheddar cheese
- 25 g fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25 g hazelnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 190°C.
- Grease a large casserole dish.
- Cook the cauliflower florets in boiling water for 10 minutes until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and cook the leeks for 5 minutes Add garlic, wine and chives and simmer gently until the wine evaporates.
- In a fresh pan melt the butter and and whisk in the flour. Cook for 1 minute to form a smooth paste.
- Remove from heat and gradually stir in the milk while whisking.
- Return to heat and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add fromage frais to the sauce.
- Arrange the leeks and cauliflower in the dish and cover with the sauce. Dot the surface with dolcelatte.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, hazelnuts, paprika and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.