Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Recipe from a friend, it's ultimate origins shrouded in mystery.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 3 eggs
- Shell: Coat baking dish with margarine. Sprinkle bread crumbs into dish -- they'll stick to the margarine.
- Kugel: Cook cauliflower in salt water. When it's done, drain and puree.
- Melt margarine, flour, and cream together. Keep on a low flame.
- When it's thoroughly blended, remove from fire and place in a bowl. Add mayonnaise, eggs, and onion soup mix. Finally, add pureed cauliflower.
- Pour into shell and bake 45 minutes at 170°C.