Recipe by Chef at Heart
I found this (I think) in a cookbook many years ago. It called for just 2 tablespoons of Italian dressing so that is how I will post it, however I triple the amount. Just my preference.
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium italian salad dressing
- 3 cups cauliflower, small florets
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet cook onion and garlic in salad dressing until tender.
- Add cauliflower and 1/4 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green pepper, cook until cauliflower is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.
- I find it needs more dressing, but cook it first. You can add more at the end.