Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this (I think) in a cookbook many years ago. It called for just 2 tablespoons of Italian dressing so that is how I will post it, however I triple the amount. Just my preference.
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium italian salad dressing
- 3 cups cauliflower, small florets
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- In a skillet cook onion and garlic in salad dressing until tender.
- Add cauliflower and 1/4 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add green pepper, cook until cauliflower is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.
- I find it needs more dressing, but cook it first. You can add more at the end.
Very good and so easy to make. The Italian dressing adds a nice flavor to the cauliflower. I used chopped Roma tomatoes instead of cherry tomatoes.
This is definitely 5 stars as vegetables go. Not only was it super flavorul and VERY different from any other cauliflower dish I've ever made but the finished product was BEAUTIFUL!! I increased the garlic and onion a bit but followed the rest of the recipe exactly. I paired this with Recipe #3988 and white rice. Wonderful Thanks for posting!
This is an absolutely scrumptious recipe. We licked the platter clean. The cauliflower stays nice and crunchy although certainly cooked. It not only tastes good but it is very pretty as well. I wish I had taken a picture! Thanks for posting this recipe. It goes in the keepers for sure!