Recipe by Tisme
Another find from a cookbook given to me many years ago, by my wonderful Mother. The recipe states -- The tomato sauce for this popular Greek dish can be deliciously thickened with fresh or soured cream.
Top Review by loof
This is a great way to prepare cauliflower! Nice flavor and nothing overpowering, it would make a great side dish for pretty much anything. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 100 ml olive oil
- 250 ml tomato juice
- 250 ml water
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and fry the onions until they are golden brown, add the garlic and stir well.
- Combine the tomato juice with the water and add to the pan with the salt, pepper and parsley. Stir well and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add the cauliflower flowerets cook until tender. Remove cauliflower with a slotted spoon and serve hot.
- Serve sauce separately, thickened with cream if you like.