1/2 Photos of Cauliflower in Tomato Sauce (Kounoupithi Yahini)
Another find from a cookbook given to me many years ago, by my wonderful Mother. The recipe states -- The tomato sauce for this popular Greek dish can be deliciously thickened with fresh or soured cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil and fry the onions until they are golden brown, add the garlic and stir well.
- 2Combine the tomato juice with the water and add to the pan with the salt, pepper and parsley. Stir well and bring to a gentle boil.
- 3Add the cauliflower flowerets cook until tender. Remove cauliflower with a slotted spoon and serve hot.
- 4Serve sauce separately, thickened with cream if you like.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower in Tomato Sauce (Kounoupithi Yahini)
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.2
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 236.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g