Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious way to get you to eat your vegetables!
- 1 tablespoon grams flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets
- 3⁄4 cup thick coconut milk
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 lime, sliced
- Mix the flour with a little bit of water to make a smooth paste. Add the chilli, coriander, cumin, mustard, turmeric, and salt. Add the remaining water and mix to blend the ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan and fry the curry leaves and cumin seeds. Add the spice paste and simmer for about 5 minutes. If the sauce is too thick add a little bit of hot water.
- Add the cauliflower and coconut milk. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender but crunchy. Cook longer if you prefer. Add the lemon juice and mix thoroughly and serve hot and garnish with the sliced lime.
DH tried this cauliflower prior to the addition of the lemon juice and thought it had an interesting flavor. However, after adding the lemon juice (which I halved to just one lemon as the lemon looked large and there seemed to be a lot of juice), the lemon flavor totally overpowered the entire cauliflower dish. I would recommend maybe just a Tb of lemon juice to future chefs.