1/3 Photos of Cauliflower in Chilli Butter Sauce
This is a recipe my DH actually came up with... well, actually it was a recipe that he changed to his tastes lol... I always tell my DH how much I LOVE this cauliflower.... I could seriously eat this every day if it didn't have so much fat and calories lol but forget about that stuff just once and try this... you wont regret it!!! you can adjust the sauce ingredients to your liking.... making more if you want lots of sauce, or making less if you dont like as much sauce!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Break cauliflower up into bite sized pieces.
- 2Bring water to a boil and drop cauliflower in just briefly to get it to cook about 1/2 way. just til slightly cooked but not soft.
- 3Remove from heat and drain.
- 4Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and add black pepper to it and sizzle just a few seconds.
- 5Add water and stir a bit.
- 6Add shredded cheese, and stir constantly, cooking over medium heat until it melts into the butter sauce; it should thicken a bit.
- 7At this point, add the drained cauliflower and toss to cover with butter sauce.
- 8Add the tomato chilli sauce, and fold into the cauliflower until all is combined.
- 9Allow it to cooked until cauliflower is tender and sauce really starts to coat the cauliflower.
- 10To serve, ladle some sauce onto a plate, plate some cauliflower, sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste, and shred some sharp cheddar over the top.
- 12We like to enjoy this with slices of bread to soak up the heavenly sauce!
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower in Chilli Butter Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.9
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 238.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato chili sauce