Recipe by Bec
This recipe was submitted by Vivian Johnson for the Bricelyn Women of E.L.C.A Cookbook printed June 1993. Bricelyn, Minnesota is a little town where my dad grew up.
Top Review by Larawithoutau
Per other suggestions (and because DD loves "cheesy cauliflower") I added some shredded cheddar cheese. Everyone (including my 18 month DS) ate it all up! Thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 2 cups sliced cauliflower florets
- 3 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, simmer potatoes, water, onion and bouillon, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Then, add cauliflower and cook until tender.
- Stir in 2 1/2 cups milk, ham and any seasonings of choice, if desired.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Blend 1/2 cup milk with flour and stir into hot mixture.
- Cook until thickened.
- Serve, and enjoy!