This is from the Company's Coming Christmas Cookbook, it would be good with broccoli too. I have made it for a couple Christmas dinners with raves. Plus that way you get your ham with your turkey. If you don't have fresh ham get a slab of black forest ham from the deli 1 inch thick. If having for a big meal you can easily serve 10 as a small side. It can be made a day ahead and baked the next day. Can also be a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cauliflower, broken in florets
- boiling water, to cover
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 10 ounces canned mushrooms (saute fresh first) or 1 cup fresh mushrooms (saute fresh first)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk (I like 2% evaporated)
- 1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream (low fat ok)
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs or 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1Cook cauliflower in boiling water until tender crisp and drain.
- 2Add ham and mushrooms and mix well.
- 3Melt butter in saucepan, mix in flour and salt and gradually whisk in milk until it boils and thickens.
- 4Add cheese.
- 5Stir until melted, add sour cream and stir until smooth.
- 6Put cauliflower mixture in 3-quart casserole, pour sauce over top and sprinkle with crumbs Bake uncovered at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Ham Bake
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.5
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 685.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 23.2 g