1/3 Photos of Cauliflower & Gruyere Bakes
A recipe found in an old Australian Good Taste magazine. You can use Jarsburg cheese if gruyere is not available. Frozen cauliflower works well for this recipe too. You can use a white onion in place of the leek if they are not available,Use a blended gluten-free flour and crumbs (or leave off the crumbs all-together) to make this gluten-free suitable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets (about 1/2 kilo or just over a pound)
- 1 leek, pale section only, thinly sliced, washed, dried
- 100 g gruyere, coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon plain flour or 1 tablespoon all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 250 ml milk
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs (packaged, use gluten-free if required)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C
- 2Cook cauliflower in a large pot o boiling salted water, until tender - about 5 minutes. Add the leek 1 minute before the end of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, combine the gruyere and flour in a small saucepan. Gradually stir in the milk. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- 4Spoon the cauliflower and leek mixture among four 250ml (1 cup) capacity ovenproof dishes or you can use one larger baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over the gruyere sauce and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 5Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower & Gruyere Bakes
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.0
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 158.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g