Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
a cauliflower and bacon pudding from Elle magazine, cauliflower should be fresh not frozen
- 1 cauliflower
- 80 g smoked bacon
- 75 g gruyere cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 50 g flour
- 200 ml milk
- 200 g creme fraiche
- Separate the cauliflower into florettes.
- blanch for 10 mins in boiling salted water.
- drain and rinse in cold water.
- cut bacon into strips and grate the cheese.
- beat the eggs in a bowl and gradually beat in the flour little by little avoiding lumps.
- season with slat and black pepper and stir in the warmed milk.
- add the creme fraiche, grated cheese and bacon.
- butter an ovenproof dish, arrange cauliflower evenly and pour over the mixture.
- cook for 25 mins in very hot oven450F Serve hot.