Recipe by Schnecke
Cauliflower gives a good texture to this dish.
Top Review by sillygooose777
I've made this twice now. We liked it so much the first time, I actually made it tonight for Christmas dinner! We added potatoes and baby corns and they went well with the other veggies. We also used canned tomatoes, and it was fine. Very delicious recipe, and very easy the 2nd time around! :)
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 1⁄2 lb fresh green beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -8 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- cayenne, to taste
- 12 ounces vegetable broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 cups basmati rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop cauliflower & green beans into bite sized pieces & boil separately for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- Saute onion in oil, 3-5 minutes over medium heat, until soft.
- Add curry, ginger, & cayenne, if desired. Stir about one minute, keeping the heat on medium.
- Add broth, salt & corn starch. The sauce should be about the consistency of milk.
- Add cooked vegetables, beans, and tomatoes. Turn heat up to medium-high. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chili sauce & cook 1-2 minutes more. The sauce should be nice and thick.
- Serve over hot basmati with mango chutney.