Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Use fresh cauliflower only for this, these are delicious served with sour cream!
Top Review by eatrealfood
This was a great, different recipe for cauliflower (I have never made patties out of it before). It was simple to put together, and crisp and tasty. I don't like paprika so I omitted that. I used a lot more onion than specified in the recipe and also had to increase the flour a tad. I added some sharp cheddar to the last batch I fried and it was so yummy with that too.
- 1 (2 lb) fresh cauliflower (broken into about 1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced onions, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lousianna hot sauce (or Tabasco to taste)
- 1 tablespoon flour (might need a tablespoon more to hold together)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the cauliflower for about 6-8 minutes or until soft enough to mash; drain very well.
- Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add in the eggs and all the remaining ingredients; mix to combine (adjust all seasonings and hot sauce to taste, if you find that the mixture is too wet then add in a little more flour).
- Heat a small amount of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches drop about a heaping tablespoonful of batter into hot oil; brown one side then turn and brown the other side (about 3 minutes per side).
- Remove to a paper towel.
- Repeat with remaining batter, adding in a little more oil if needed.
- Serve with sour cream.