Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
These are addictive. I've even added broccoli to the cauliflower. When cooked properly the outside is extra crispy and the inside melts in your mouth.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup baking mix
- oil (for frying)
- Clean and chop 1 head cauliflower. About ¼ inch pieces. Steam 8-10 miuntes. or until tender.
- Mix together egg, cheese, salt, pepper, milk and enough baking mix to make a dough (simular to a soft cookie dough).
- Add cauliflower and let the mixture sit for 15 minutes. The batter will thincken while it sits. You will want it to holds it shape on a spoon.
- Drop batter by tablespoon fuls into hot oil. Deep fry until brown (the color of fried chicken)
- These can be fried and then frozen. I heat them up in the oven for about 5 minutes.
We loved them. I added a few minced onions to the batter. This recipe is going in my favorites collection