Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
The Frugal Gourmet On Our Immigrant Ancestors – Jeff Smith – Copyright 1990 ”Cauliflower is a common winter dish in a large part of Russia. This method of cooking the vegetable is tasty and very different, because it is Russian it is very hearty.”
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- melted butter
- finely chopped parsley
- Separate the cauliflower into flowerets. Break them up into little pieces.
- Place the cauliflower in boiling salted water and cook until just barely tender.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain again and dredge with the flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Panfry in the butter until lightly browned. Serve with melted butter and parsley.