1/2 Photos of Cauliflower Egg Rolls With Sweet and Sour Sauce
Crispy baked egg rolls with an accompanying stellar flavored sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE EGG ROLLS
- 14.79 ml oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 473.18 ml cauliflower florets, chopped small
- 236.59 ml coleslaw mix (tri-color blend)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml roasted cashews, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 2.46 ml salt (enough to taste)
- 9.85 ml pepper
- 15 egg roll wraps
- 1 small bowl water
- cooking spray
FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 2Heat oil in skillet.On high-medium heat, saute garlic and jalapeno until tender.
- 3Add cauliflower, coleslaw and saute until wilted, but still crisp.Put in bell pepper and green onion, saute another 30 seconds.
- 4Remove from heat and mix in cashews, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Keep aside to cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 6ASSEMBLING AND BAKING THE EGG ROLL:.
- 7Place egg roll skin in front of you, so it looks like a diamond, with the lower point towards you.
- 8Place 2 tablespoons of cooled filling just below the center.
- 9Fold the bottom point of the diamond over and around the filling. Next, fold the left and right corners over filling.
- 10Finish by tightly roll the egg roll like a burrito. Moisten the top corner with a bit of water. Repeat for approximately 15 more skins.
- 11Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place your egg rolls seam side down on greased sheet. Use cooking spray to coat the top of the egg roll lightly. Bake for 10 minutes, turn sides and bake for an additional 8- 10 minutes, till sides are golden brown.
- 12FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:.
- 13Stir all the ingredients together until well blended.
- 14Serve your egg rolls with the dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Egg Rolls With Sweet and Sour Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.3
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 485.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: