FOR THE EGG ROLLS
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, chopped small
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (tri-color blend)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted cashews, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (enough to taste)
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 15 egg roll wraps
- 1 small bowl water
- cooking spray
FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons pineapple jam
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce (depending on level of spice)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet.On high-medium heat, saute garlic and jalapeno until tender.
- Add cauliflower, coleslaw and saute until wilted, but still crisp.Put in bell pepper and green onion, saute another 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and mix in cashews, sesame oil, salt and pepper. Keep aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- ASSEMBLING AND BAKING THE EGG ROLL:.
- Place egg roll skin in front of you, so it looks like a diamond, with the lower point towards you.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cooled filling just below the center.
- Fold the bottom point of the diamond over and around the filling. Next, fold the left and right corners over filling.
- Finish by tightly roll the egg roll like a burrito. Moisten the top corner with a bit of water. Repeat for approximately 15 more skins.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place your egg rolls seam side down on greased sheet. Use cooking spray to coat the top of the egg roll lightly. Bake for 10 minutes, turn sides and bake for an additional 8- 10 minutes, till sides are golden brown.
- FOR THE SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE:.
- Stir all the ingredients together until well blended.
- Serve your egg rolls with the dipping sauce.