Recipe by Marie
Steamed cauliflower is covered with a creamy cheese sauce, then topped with a Parmesan cheese breadcrumb mixture and baked until bubbly and golden brown. Awesome!
Top Review by Terriyaki 2
Thank you!! My Mom always made this for special occasions. I am making a recipe box for my son and lost Mom's recipe....I always just do it from my head. Needed the specific measurements. I am so glad you posted this!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 4 cups hot milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate cauliflower into small florets and steam over boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Place cauliflower in an 8" square baking dish.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan, then stir in flour for about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk and simmer, whisking until thick for about 8 minutes.
- Add cheddar cheese, dry mustard, salt and pepper until cheese is melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan and parsley and sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Bake at 400° until bubbly and golden, about 15 minutes.