Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A nice sidedish for any meal. Feel free to make a cauliflower and broccoli mix if you like.
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into sm pieces & cooked
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced onion
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degres F.
- Cook cauliflower in boiling water and drain.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs and add milk.
- Mix well.
- Place cauliflower in a greased baking dish.
- Pour milk/egg mixture over it.
- Sprinkle with the remaining ingedients.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This is a fantastice recipe!! Although I like cauliflower, it is not a vegetable I instinctively know how what to do with. This recipe is easy, delicious, quick to make and you don't need a ton of ingredients. Also, you could use this as a base recipe and be creative by adding different veggies, or meat and/or adding different varieties of cheese and you could also make this more decadent by adding cream instead of milk. This is a great cold weather, easy go to side dish that is great for any occasion. Thanks for sharing!!!
I love cauliflower. This was perfect because the cauliflower was not drowning in a fattening sauce. I wasn't eggy or too cheesy.... just right. I used green onions to sprinkle on top.... way more than the amount called for. The contrast was made a nice presentation. This side dish goes great with anything. Thanx for posting!
I enjoyed this recipe very much. I used green onion, probably about 1 tablespoon, but otherwise made the recipe as directed. I was very generous with the black pepper, but I really like the way pepper compliments cauliflower. The cauliflower is not drowning in custard, but rather it's a thin layer at the bottom of the casserole -- just right!