Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a lovely curry. Enjoy! Very nice with rice and raita. You can also replace the chicken with cubed potato.
- 29.58 ml peanut oil
- 118.29 ml onion, minced
- 1 head cauliflower (trimmed into 1/2 inch thick florets)
- 29.58 ml ginger, minced
- 9.85 ml garlic, minced
- 0.25-0.5 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml cumin seed
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 5-6 canned plum tomatoes with liquid
- 59.14 ml water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 453.59 g cubed boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- minced fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in 12 inch skillet on high.
- Lower heat and add onion, ginger, garlic, and cayenne and cook until it begins to brown (5 min).
- Add the cumin seeds and curry. Cook briefly (30 seconds).
- Add cauliflower and cook for about one minute over high heat.
- Cut up the tomatoes add them with the juice, 1/4 cup of water, salt and pepper. Cover and turn heat to medium-low.
- Cook for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add the chicken. Stir and cover for about 8 more minutes.
- **If the sauce starts drying out, add some more water.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.
Great recipe.<br/>Quick and easy to cook. Love it. <br/>Takes longer to cook than advised tho.
Very good recipe. You could thicken the sauce but I liked it just the way it was. I added a couple of chopped hot red peppers to my husband's portion as he loves heat (not me !) and he declared it excellent. Easy to make and quite good !
Good recipe. It did definitely take longer than the directions imply but I would consider making this again.