1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Curry With Chicken
This is a lovely curry. Enjoy! Very nice with rice and raita. You can also replace the chicken with cubed potato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1 head cauliflower (trimmed into 1/2 inch thick florets)
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 -2 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 5 -6 canned plum tomatoes with liquid
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb cubed boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- minced fresh cilantro
- 1Heat oil in 12 inch skillet on high.
- 2Lower heat and add onion, ginger, garlic, and cayenne and cook until it begins to brown (5 min).
- 3Add the cumin seeds and curry. Cook briefly (30 seconds).
- 4Add cauliflower and cook for about one minute over high heat.
- 5Cut up the tomatoes add them with the juice, 1/4 cup of water, salt and pepper. Cover and turn heat to medium-low.
- 6Cook for about 15 minutes. Stir occasionally until the cauliflower is tender.
- 7Add the chicken. Stir and cover for about 8 more minutes.
- 8**If the sauce starts drying out, add some more water.
- 9Add the lemon juice.
- 10Taste and adjust seasoning.
- 11Sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Curry With Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 280.1
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.8 mg
- Sodium 379.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 29.0 g