Recipe by threeovens
This is a main dish vegetable curry. Besides cauliflower it also has red potatoes and chickpeas. If you cannot find fire-roasted tomatoes, just use any diced tomatoes. Serve with na'an (an Indian flat-bread).
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 78.07 ml water
- 29.58 ml water
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped fine (8-10 oz)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 14.79 ml fresh ginger, grated
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 2 (850.48 g) can chickpeas, drained
- 411.06 g can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2.46 ml turmeric
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- cilantro, for serving
- plain yogurt, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine potatoes with 2 tablespoons water in a microwave safe bowl; microwave, at full power, 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and microwave an additional 5 minutes; drain.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon oil; cook onions until they being to turn golden, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger, and cumin; cook 30 seconds.
- Add another tablespoon of oil; toss in potatoes and cauliflower, stirring until light brown, about 3 minutes more.
- Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, turmeric, cayenne, and 1/3 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes; season with salt.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and a dollop of yogurt.