This is a main dish vegetable curry. Besides cauliflower it also has red potatoes and chickpeas. If you cannot find fire-roasted tomatoes, just use any diced tomatoes. Serve with na'an (an Indian flat-bread).
- 3 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 sweet onion, chopped fine (8-10 oz)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- cilantro, for serving
- plain yogurt, for serving
- Combine potatoes with 2 tablespoons water in a microwave safe bowl; microwave, at full power, 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and microwave an additional 5 minutes; drain.
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon oil; cook onions until they being to turn golden, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, ginger, and cumin; cook 30 seconds.
- Add another tablespoon of oil; toss in potatoes and cauliflower, stirring until light brown, about 3 minutes more.
- Stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, turmeric, cayenne, and 1/3 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes; season with salt.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and a dollop of yogurt.
Very good and will definitely be making again!
We left off the yogurt because we're vegan and we doubled the cayenne and turmeric because we like things spicy.
I really like that the veggies keep their crispness.
We had a delicious meal!
I like the steps for this recipe it's easy and fast.
Thanks a lot your recipe can be really recommended!