Recipe by windhorse23
From an old Hare Krishna cookbook, untried and here for safekeeping. Prep time does not include pre-cooking and chilling the cauliflower.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs head cauliflower
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and mashed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the base off the stem of the cauliflower so it can sit on a flat surface. Fill a pot with water to a depth of about 1 inch and place a steaming rack or trivet inside. Bring the water to a boil and place the cauliflower on the steamer. Cover, reduce heat slightly and steam until the cauliflower is barely tender, about a half hour. Let cool, cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Spread the mixture over the chilled cauliflower. Cut into wedges and serve.