Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a delicious sauce to serve with nut or lentil roasts at Christmas. For a difference add a few tbsp grated gruyere or emmenthal cheese.
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 liter milk
- white pepper
- 10 g butter
- Put the cauliflower and onions in a large pan,
- pour in enough milk to almost cover.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 mins, or until the cauliflower is completely tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower and onion to a blender with a ladleful of milk, and blitz until smoothly puréed.
- Add more milk if you like, mixing to soften to your preferred consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be made to this stage a day ahead.
- Keep chilled and reheat before serving.
- Serve with a knob of butter melting on top.