1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Confetti " Rice "
I like flexible recipes, this recipe is quite flexible. We eat low-carb in our house; this recipe was developed out of a need for a rice substitute - it is easiy adapted to any cuisine, just add spices that complement your meal. We especially like it with curries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 -3 stalks celery
- 1 large leeks or 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves, more if desired
- 1 tablespoon sodium-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sodium-free vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt or 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- water, as needed
- 1In a food processor, chop the cauliflower until it looks like 'rice', remove and set aside.
- 2In food processor chop one seeded red pepper, the celery, garlic and the onion.
- 3If using the leek, slice the leek in 1/2 inch slices.
- 4Heat oil in non-stick saute pan, add the vegetables, and stir over medium heat until the vegetables start to 'weep' and release some of their liquid.
- 5Add the spices and set heat to low, cover and cook until 'rice' is the desired consistency. Add small amounts of water, if needed.
- 6Delicious on its own or as a base for curry or ragouts.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Confetti " Rice "
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sodium-free chicken broth
sodium-free vegetable stock