Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cauliflower is one of my favourite vegetables so I was pleased to find this recipe a couple of weeks ago in my sister's recipe journal. I'm not sure where she got it from. Yield, of course, depends on if serving as an entree size or meal size.
- oil, splash of
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 leek, diced
- 2 red chilies (small)
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups vegetable stock
- 300 ml coconut milk (10 1/8 ounces)
- pepper, freshly ground
- coriander leaves, to serve (optional)
- Heat a heavy based large pan on medium heat. Add a splash of oil, the celery and leek and cook for 5 mins, stirring regularly.
- Add Chillies, potato and cauliflower and cook for a further 3 minutes or so.
- Add stock, then coconut milk and season with salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cover. Allow to simmer covered for 20 mins or until the cauliflower is tender. Puree soup and bring to the boil again. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Optional: serve with a small springling of coriander leaves.