Recipe by The Normans
Another Donna Hay winning recipe - we have however changed ingredient quantities as they seemed a little large for those who are keeping an eye on their waistlines. Lovely flavours and textures!
- 300 g spaghetti
- 750 g cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 70 g pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 brown onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- To make caramelised onion, heat oil in frypan, add onion and cook, stirring every now and then until softened. Reduce heat to medium, add brown sugar, chili, salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook pasta in large saucepan of salted water for 6-8 minutes. Add cauliflower and cook a further 2-4 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of cooking water. Return the pasta and cauliflower to the pan with the reserved water and caramelised onion. Mix to combine and cook for another minute. Sprinkle with the pine nuts, parsley and parmesan.