Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad using raw cauliflower. Please feel free to use different ingredients for mixing in with the cauliflower, such as red/green peppers, edamame, tofu, different types of beans, corn, and red onion. For more healthy, gluten-free, low-GI, pesco-vegetarian recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- Cut cauliflower into florets. Add them to the food processor and process until finely ground.
- Dice one tomato and slice another tomato for garnishing.
- In a large bowl, place the processed cauliflower, diced tomato, green onion, and garbanzo beans and mix.
- Add 1/2 cup pesto and mix. Taste and add more pesto if needed. Season with black pepper.
- Arrange the salad on a plate with tomato slices. Infuse love and serve!
This is such an original salad! Cauliflower is not consumed nearly enough; I think because in it's regular form the taste is not sufficiently appealing unless cooked in butter or other bad things. To grind it up and mix with homemade pesto is simply brilliant! My husband was stunned when I told him what he was eating. He thought it was a couscous salad. Thank you for sharing such an appealing and versatile dish.