Recipe by Manami
Found on BBC GoodFood. Can't wait to make it, it sounds so good! I have copied the recipe almost to the letter of the law, however, there is still some of the English that comes creeping through. Made this for LIVESTRONG Day - it is a nice yellow!
- 1 cauliflower, broken into small flowerettes
- 4 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 1 3⁄4 ounces butter or 1 3⁄4 ounces margarine
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 3⁄4 ounces gourmet sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (they used Merchant Gourmet SunBlush tomatooes)
- 3 tablespoons oil, from the tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 3 1⁄2 ounces fresh grated gruyere cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the cauliflower for 8 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Meanwhile, fry the leeks in butter for 10 minutes until soft.
- Whizz the bread and sage in a food processor.
- Add the tomatoes and the oil and whizz until chopped.
- Add the mustard and flour to the leeks and stir.
- Add a third of the milk and stir until thickened.
- Gradually add the rest of the milk and bring to simmer.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Divide between 4 ovenproof dishes and pour the sauce over.
- Scatter the crumbs over and broil for 5 minutes.