Recipe by TreanBean
My family hate cauliflower but when i make this there isn't a morsel left on the plate. It is so simple and tastey and can be eaten on it's own or it can go with anything.
- 1 pint skim milk
- 3 -4 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 lb grated matured cheddar cheese
- 1 medium cauliflower (Speared)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb chopped back bacon (about 6 slices)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre Heat Oven to about 200.
- Heat the milk until nearly boiling in a saucepan.
- Mix the Cornflour with a little water and Stir into your hot milk a little at a time until milk is nice and thick.( about the consistency of yoghurt).
- Stir in most of the cheese (leaving about a cupful for later) and mix in until melted and smooth.
- Place your Cauliflower spears in an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle over the top your onion and bacon.
- Then pour your cheese sauce over the top.
- Cook in the oven for about 35 minutes or until the Cauliflower is softened.
- Sprinkle the leftover cheese over the top and cook until melted (about another 10 Minutes).
- Serve and enjoy>.