Top Review by llcooljack
We love this soup! I was worried that I had lost the recipe and couldn't find it by searching "cauliflower cheese soup." Luckily, I found my printed copy. This soup needs to be found easily!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 2 (822.13 g) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml butter
- 118.29 ml flour, about
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper, more to taste
- 473.18 ml milk
- 14.79-29.58 ml instant chicken bouillon granules
- 709.77-946.36 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese (12-16 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan.
- simmer cauliflower in chicken broth until slightly softened, and set aside, leaving in broth.
- Saute onions in melted butter until soft.
- Season with pepper, add flour, and continue to cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add flour mixture to cauliflower and chicken broth, and stir carefully so that cauliflower doesn't break up.
- Add milk and bouillon granules.
- Increase heat, and cook until thickened and starting to boil.
- Reduce, heat, and add cheese by handfuls, mixing between each addition, stirring until melted and combined.
- Do not allow to boil after adding cheese.