Recipe by English_Rose
A perfect winter warmer. Can be frozen for up to one month, without the cheese.
Top Review by LazyDolly
Since there were no seasonings mentioned in the recipe, I simply added S&P to taste, parsley and dried chives (although I'm sure you could use fresh). I added the parsley and chives at the very end about 10 min. before serving and it was just delicious. A good "winter" soup.
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large cauliflower (about 2lb)
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan.
- Tip in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 mins, stirring often. Add the cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 mins until the cauliflower is soft and the potato almost collapsing.
- Whizz in a food processor or crush with a potato masher until you get a creamy, thick soup.
- Top up with more milk to thin a little if serving in mugs. You can make ahead up to 2 days in advance, cool, cover and leave in the fridge until needed, or freeze for up to 1 month.
- When ready to serve, warm through, ladle into mugs or bowls, top with the cheese, then stir through before eating.