Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A perfect winter warmer. Can be frozen for up to one month, without the cheese.
Make and share this Cauliflower Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan.
- Tip in the onion and cook until softened, about 5 mins, stirring often. Add the cauliflower, potato, stock, milk and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and leave to simmer for about 30 mins until the cauliflower is soft and the potato almost collapsing.
- Whizz in a food processor or crush with a potato masher until you get a creamy, thick soup.
- Top up with more milk to thin a little if serving in mugs. You can make ahead up to 2 days in advance, cool, cover and leave in the fridge until needed, or freeze for up to 1 month.
- When ready to serve, warm through, ladle into mugs or bowls, top with the cheese, then stir through before eating.
Since there were no seasonings mentioned in the recipe, I simply added S&P to taste, parsley and dried chives (although I'm sure you could use fresh). I added the parsley and chives at the very end about 10 min. before serving and it was just delicious. A good "winter" soup.
This was excellent! I used a sweet potato (that's all I had) and I also added in some jalapenos for some extra kick and it turned out great.
This gets nice and thick..... just the thing for a cold day! In step 2, the seasonings I used were salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Sharp cheddar is definitely the perfect choice of cheese for this. I used my immersion blender to blend and I didn't feel the need to thin it with more milk. It was a lovely soup. Thanx!