Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Excellent soup! This is total comfort food to me. I like to serve this in sourdough bread bowls but a soup bowl works well too. :0)
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced (2-3 cups)
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets (reserve 2 cups)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, packed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Place potato,cauliflower (not the 2 reserved cups),carrot,garlic,onion,salt and chicken broth in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until all of the vegetables are very tender.
- Use an immersion blender or put small batches into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Steam the reserved 2 cups of cauliflower just until tender.(The steam microwave bags work great for this.).
- Add the steamed cauliflower to the puree along with the rest of the ingredients (cheese,milk,dill,seeds,pepper).
- Heat gently and serve topped with cheese shreds.
fast,easy and delicious. I make it a lot.
I loved this soup! What an awesome recipe. I like the flavor of the dill and caraway seeds. Most of the other recipes you see for cauliflower soup are all the same. I doubled the batch and added a more broth because it was a little too thick. I froze some for later! Delicious. Thanks for the recipe:-)
This recipe was terrific, and just delicious on a freezing cold day. I paired it with some multi-grain buns for a warming lunch. I loved the addition of the dill, it went together really well, do give it a try! Thanks for posting. Made for Aussie Swap :)