- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar
- buttered bread crumb (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook cauliflower in chicken stock until tender. Do not drain. Cool a bit. Run through blender to desired texture. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan. Add onion and saute until limp. Do not brown.
- Mix in flour, salt and pepper. Add milk. Heat and stir until it boils and thickens.
- Add cheese and cauliflower mixture. Stir to heat and melt cheese. Garnish with buttered bread crumbs, Parsley may e added as an ingredient or garnish.