Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
A great comfort food, my mum used to make flasks of this up when we went to watch bonfires. If we had it at home she fried slices of the cauli stalk to make cauli crisps to dip in the soup. This can be frozen for upto 1 month
- 10 g butter
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 1 large cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1 potato, diced
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 400 ml milk
- 100 g mature cheddar cheese, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and saute onion until soft (5 mins) add cauli, potato, stock, milk and seasoning if desired.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whizz in a food processor (or mash) adding a little more milk if it is too thick.
- Serve in bowls or mugs with the cheese stirred in just before serving.