1/2 Photos of Cauliflower Cheese Sinful!!!
1 hr 20 mins
This traditional British dish has cauliflower that is steamed till soft but I brought it an other level and roasted it first. Using Roasted Cauliflower & 16 Roasted Cloves of Garlic PLEASE PLEASE don't eat the roasted cauliflower before making the final dish. You may want to double the roasting part so you and anyone the inhales the aroma from the kitchen can munch on it, till the final product is done. Don't stop at rosemary! if you enjoy herbs as I do, do add all 4 parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme as Simon & Garfunkel sang....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- roasted cauliflower. 1 large cauliflower (trimmed and cut into bite size pieces, washed with water still on)
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (some people used Oregano)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1Prepare Cauliflower:.
- 2Mix oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic together.
- 3Toss in cauliflower and place in a large casserole dish in one layer.
- 4Roast in a preheated oven at 450 degrees for 20 minutes; give a toss and bake for 10 more minutes.
- 6Place the butter and flour into a microwave safe glass container whisk to incorporate.
- 7Whisk in the milk Continue stirring until the sauce is thickened about 3 minutes. If the sauce is very thick add a little more milk, the sauce should be thick but still runny. Add the grated cheese and stir until melted.
- 8Place the florets in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- 9Pour the thickened cheese sauce over the cauliflower ensuring all the florets are covered. Sprinkle with grated cheese and a good twist of black pepper.
- 10Bake in the hot oven until the sauce is bubbling and golden brown on the top, approx 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Cheese Sinful!!!
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 186.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.5 mg
- Sodium 456.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g